Getting a New Zealand Tourist Visa for Indian passport holders does not imply too much effort. The first thing you need to do is check whether or not you meet all the requirements. iVisa may not ask for much, but you need to provide some info and a few documents to get the process started. You must also have a few things when you get to New Zealand. Here is the list of everything you need:
- Passport – Indian passport holders who want to apply online need this document, obviously. Plus, you need to make sure that the passport is valid for at least another 3 months from your date of departure from New Zealand.
- Digital photo – the photo has to be as recent as possible and meet all the guidelines for a passport photo. For example, it needs to be taken against a white background.
- Means of payment – iVisa asks that you make the payment while you complete the steps of the application form. You can do that using a credit or a debit card, but you can also pay using PayPal, WeChat, or Alipay.
- E-mail address – iVisa sends you the visa via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print a few copies so that you have a couple of spares.
- Means of sustenance – once you arrive in New Zealand, you need to prove that you can provide for yourself during your trip. A bank account statement should be sufficient.
- Return flight ticket – when you arrive at the airport, you may be required to show a return flight ticket to your country of origin (or another destination if you are in transit.) If you do not have one, you need to prove that you have the money to buy one.
- Proof of good character – if you have a criminal record, you need to disclose it.
Holidaying in New Zealand
Indian citizens can holiday in New Zealand for up to nine months on a visitor visa. The fastest and easiest way to apply for a visitor visa is online. If you hold a passport from the UK, or another country under the visa-waiver agreement, you do not need a visa to holiday in New Zealand.
Working holiday visas are available to young people, usually aged 18-30 (but 18-35 in a select few countries). They let you travel and work in New Zealand for up to 12 months, or 23 months if you’re from the UK. To apply you’ll need to meet the visa requirements, and have:
A return ticket, or enough money to pay for one; and
Be coming mainly to holiday, with work being a secondary intention.